There are many reasons why a website should be redesigned. When you hold too long to your website, it can get outdated and will reflect on your brand. Many companies don’t realize the impact the website has in new customer acquisition. It is one of the most important touchpoints in your sales and revenue growth. Here is all you wanted to know about the factors involved in website design cost.
The strongest reasons for a website redesign
- The general rule is that a website needs a revamp every 2-3 years but this also depends on the industry. If you are in technology or SaaS then it should be redesigned every 2 years. For other industries like Real Estate or Financial sector, it can be extended to 3-5 years
- The website has poor user experience. Slow download time of the page and websites that do not adjust to different screen sizes (responsive website) are the biggest cause of poor user experience. Remember that between 45-60% of your users will access your website from their mobile phones and that’s why it is important that your existing website is updated with a responsive web design.
- The website was built on outdated technology. Many older websites are built using flash which search engines cannot read. They might also use plugins that have not been updated for years. Newer technology has better security features and the platforms are built for faster upload of your website.
- Improve lead generation. A new website with better call to actions (CTA) on all pages, including blogs will provide more opportunity for interested visitors to convert to customers.
How to calculate the cost of website redesign
Business owners will find it difficult to find website development companies that publish a rate card. This is because the cost of development depends on the complexity of the website you want developed as well as the number of pages – specifically the number of templates that have to be designed. A 15-page professional website with standard requirements will cost much less than a 15 page highly customized dynamic website.
To get back to the question “How much does it cost to build a website?” let us break it down. This will provide you with a realistic estimate of what you can expect your development partner to charge you for launching your new website.
There are different kinds of business websites that you can consider depending on the amount of customization needed and budget. These are the best options to design a website anew.
1. Single page website:
Many new businesses want to quickly build a digital presence, when speed is the criteria then a single page website is the best option. It can be built within 5 to 6 days, if the content you want for the page is ready. However, this is a stop-gap solution, since single page websites will not have enough information to get ranked by search engines. This will mean less traffic and so lesser number of online enquiries.
The average cost of a website for small businesses can fall in a range of 10,000 INR to 15,000 INR for a standard site with a contact form.
Domain name registration and hosting for one year is a separate cost.
2. A website built from predesigned templates:
The design for a website can take a long time to be finally approved. A professional website can be built from a predesigned template and cut down on the web design cost. WordPress templates are the most popular and if you look around, you will find that many websites have taken this shortcut. WordPress is an opensource platform and offers the ability to customize functionalities.
However, many of the themes are not free and you will need to pay for it. The cost is an average of $57 but a premium theme can even go up to $5000.
You will be able to find themes by category such as a store, blog, education, medical and even eCommerce. To this cost you will need to add the cost of customization needed for any extra features and functionality.
A template will get you 50-60% to your finish line but there is a lot of coding that needs to be added to provide for the right functioning. An outsourced development company will provide you a package plan based on all these factors.
Despite the advantages of cost, speed and professional designs, there are quite a few disadvantages as well. Websites that are template based lack originality. There will be other businesses that use the same design. Further, the templates undergo regular updates and you must keep yourself aware of them and update your site accordingly, else many of the functionalities may be affected and plugins might become incompatible with the new updates. There are also limitations to the amount of customization you can do.
You will NEVER find a successful product that has not been designed well. A good design is what pulls a user in and encourages them to convert. Invariably such sites are custom websites since they are optimized for conversion. A custom website is unique to your company and it’s tricky placing a cost to it. There are many factors that will influence the final cost and these are
- Number of pages
- Tech stack to be deployed
The website development company will first understand your objectives and then come up with a strategy that will offer you these services
- Content writer for creating the website content
- Search engine optimisation
- Admin content management system
- Content module for blogs
- Website design (UI/UX design services)
- Web development
- Domain name purchase ($10 -$20 if name is available)
- SSL certificate ($10 to $1000)
- Annual hosting cost ($40)